Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Keep on, keepin' on!

First things first. It's April and it's been snowing. Not a lot of snow but that's besides the point. It's April! Last time I checked, Spring=warm weather, flowers, and showers. None of this really surprizes me, we live in Ohio: where if you don't like the weather...just wait 15 minutes.

I've started my second week of Spring quarter and so far so good but what is tough about college is life's little problems that come with it. However, I can say that colllege is 20x better than high school but the real world sets in and it's much more hectic. Some kids may still live with their parents and by all means DO IT! Living on your own is tough; bills pyle up and there's always something that needs to be bought. Don't get me wrong it's great to be on your own and away from your parents. You can come and go as you please and do whatever it is you want. I just find it hard to go to college day in and day out, do my homework, keep the apartment in one piece, and keep the roommates from being a distraction from my work. Moreover, I have learned that with self-disapline and dedication I can do it all. Keep on keepin' on!

I've recently been through hell in back in the past couple of weeks. My mom and step dad are getting a divorce. Now I know that many, many kids go through this but this will be my second time around. For reasons unknown it's tough for me because when you think things are good, their usually not. My mom has been married to my step dad for 10 years or so and in my mind I thought they had a perfect marriage; till recently I've come to find out that things arn't so peachy keen. I have two older brother's who have known about my parents situation for about a month or so now and I've been left in the dark. So everything has come to hit me all at once. I'm not the type of guy who wears his emotions on his sleeve but this crap is just eating me alive. I just want things to be okay, really, that's it. But that's all fantasy, things will get harder before they get better. How many times have you heard that in your life? Seems like that goes for just about everything. I pray that things go well for the next couple of months. My brother's are my best friends and sometimes I think that they're the only family I've got left.

Alright, from the looks of things it looks like I wrote a novel. I probably won't get many people to read my blog but if all else fails I can write down my emotions instead of keeping them in. Plus, it helps me with my writing for English.

Inspirational quote of the day: Keep on keepin' on!

Cheers!

Fitz

No comments:

Post a Comment