Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kill The Lights

Hey everyone, First off I would like to say the snow has got to go! I am not a fan of Ohio right now. We have horrible NFL teams, bad weather, and I don’t think I’ve seen the sun in 3 days. (does any body remember what that even is?) Anyways, if there’s one thing that can brighten my day in Ohio, it’s talking about my best friend.

Alright, Let me tell you about a time when Kalea and I first started talking (you know, just being a little bit more than friends.) Well there was a problem with us dating. I grew up with two older brothers who partied all the time, we lived with my dad who was hardly ever home and my brother’s would throw parties all the time. I kind of became costumed to that lifestyle and then it kind of made an image of me that didn’t go through well with parents. I didn’t really care about school, hated waking up early, and just had no motivation to do well. So, since her parents weren’t going to allow us being together…We did what most all teenagers have done. I snuck her out. I would say this is the most thrilling thing to do. You pull up, turn the radio off, and kill the lights. Kalea and I would seriously have the time of our lives; we’d just go back to my house and watch a movie or watch MTV. We’d get so tired because when I’d sneak her out it would have to be pretty late. We’d get to the point where we would be slap-happy and everything on the TV would become funny even if it wasn’t. Those are the things that made it memorable. We did this almost every weekend, we became so good at and eventually seemed like we were mission impossible experts. Although it was worth it and I wouldn’t change anything we did…All good things must come to an end. Guess what happen next? WE GOT CAUGHT! We were no longer the stuntmen we thought we were. We lost track of time and her dad had to go to work the next day and I needed to get her back before her dad would notice she wasn’t in her bed. I will remember this moment for the rest of my life. We were pulling up to where I would drop her off and as I killed the lights we were looking from her road at her house and noticed each light in each room come on. It was her parents looking for her up stairs where her bedroom was. At this moment my stomach dropped all the way to my pinky toe. I felt so bad for her because I knew she was going to be in a TON of trouble. We both looked at each other in disbelief, and didn’t know what to do next. We decided that we should just face the music. I guess I shouldn’t say we because I just dropped her off and went home but they would soon come to find out I was the guy who picked up their daughter in the middle of the night. I didn’t hear from her until that Monday at school because she wasn’t going to have any way of getting a hold of me.

The conclusion of this story is that we fought to hang out with each other even when we weren’t allowed. We were going to make sure we got to see each other and that’s exactly what we did. Furthermore, Kalea fought with her parent’s day in and day out saying that she was going to find a way to hang out with me and there was nothing they could do about it. This wasn’t the case because they had all the power in the world over her. Finally, her parents gave me a CHANCE. They decided that maybe if they got to know me then they would rather have her inside the house safe then out with a boy. From that point on we were together for 3 plus years and were the best days of my life.

Cheers!

Fitz.

3 comments:

  1. i never had a day like that in my life yet.. i just went out if my mom said i ahd to stay in the house.. it did not listen to my mom at all. but this is good because yall love each other and yall wanted to see each other all the time. what is done in the dark will come to light is what my close friend alway tell me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nifty story, Fitz. I like the "sneaking out" link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This story reminds me of when I snuck out of the house a couple of times back in the days..lol

    ReplyDelete