Friday, February 6, 2009

All You Need Is Love

Have you ever thought you met your soul mate or do you even believe in soul mates at all? Well, for me, it’s yes to both. I grew up with a girl I consider my best friend; I have known her since I was in kindergarten. She is the reason of why I believe in having a soul mate. For this essay, I am writing about a special person in my life that I call my soul mate. I will tell you about one specific time I had with her and my reason for why I call her my soul mate. Since I am at a young age in my life, people would probably just call this puppy love but to me it’s much more than that.

It was my sophomore year of high school and I had just got my license. After your freshmen year you kind of know what to expect what high school will be like: getting your license, going to parties, and dating girls. All of these happened in a flash for me. I recently had just started dating my best friend at this time and wanted to take her out for dinner and a movie, a typical thing to do for kids in high school. When I had got my license there was only one flaw to do this, I had a very crappy car. While being in high school I had it in my head that you just weren’t cool if you didn’t have a nice car. However, for me this wasn’t the case; I thought of myself as a pretty cool guy but didn’t have the cool car to go along with it.

It was the first date I went on with having my license. I wanted to impress her so much, I had butterfly’s in my stomach and was ready to be a complete gentlemen by; paying for dinner and movie, opening the door for her, telling her she looked pretty, all that Casa Nova kind of thing. But here we are, in my beat up ’94 Honda Accord, which was loaded with rust and had a hideous maroon color paint job. I apologized to her for having to be picked up in such a dreadful looking car. She replied saying “It’s not a big deal at all, we’ll have a good time and that’s all that matters.” It was simply things like that, that made me feel good about the date.

As were driving, were listening to music, talking about whatever, it was all just real comfortable because of how much alike we are and how we just click. When we arrived to our favorite restaurant Olive Garden, we couldn’t wait to satisfy our bellies with some good ol’ Italian food. After our delicious meal, we wanted to go catch a flick. When it came to picking out a movie and was like stealing candy from a baby; it was seriously so easy. We decided on a movie called “Failure to Launch”. She’s so easy to get along with and since we’re so much alike it made it that much easier to find something we both would enjoy.

Okay, so we’re leaving the movie and we come walking out and it’s pouring down rain; I mean it looked like a hurricane outside. Now remember my car should have been in a junk yard somewhere. We get in my car and I start it up and get ready to take off and I noticed that my windshield wipers won’t even work, and I am almost out of gas. At this point I thought to myself “this just cannot be happening to me. Things were going so well the whole night and something just had to come up. Now, this means I would have to sit there until it was safe to drive and leave the car on so she wouldn’t be cold. What was most important to me was that I wanted to impress her so much and wanted her to think I had everything in control. This obviously wasn’t the case and she could tell that I was very upset by me not even saying a word to her and looking away thinking in my head how bad this sucks. She then said me, “You don’t have to try so hard to have everything go the way I want them to.” Now this is where she just made me love her for who she is, she always knows exactly what to say. “I don’t care about what kind of car you drive or how much money you have, I like you for you, and what we have as a couple. After hearing her say this to me, made me completely fall in love with her.

There are many reasons why I believe this girl is my soul mate but that specific story is one I will always remember. It’s hard to tell people how a feel about such a person like her. She makes everything feel just right. I couldn’t ask for a better friend in this world. Whether we end up together down the road or not, I know she will always be a part of my life.

Cheers!

Fitz

3 comments:

  1. hey i know exactly how you feel i had a 93 honda accord and it would over heat if i drove it to long and start smoking and sometimes it would delay start so sometimes it would stall out and that thing was not pretty at the club especially when we seen some girls that we liked and wanted to stunt on. but all that really matters is that you have a girl that is down for you and not what your materialistic objects congrats man cuzz those dont come around easy so hold on to her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well she's right, you dont have to always impress someone especially if you really want to be with the person. She said the right words to make you realize and understand why she wants to be with you also. Funny story about the car because my ex-boyfriends car was basically the same as yours and he would try to impress me

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is girl does sound good for you. Although, she is right you should worry about that stuff. She just wants to be with you. She liked you before she saw your car. My guess is she's going to like you if you ran out of gas. Hey guess what if you do last then it will be a funny story to tell at your wedding day or to your kids some day. If that is your guys plan some day. Well she sounds perfect for each other.

    ReplyDelete